Krav Maga is an effective and easy to learn self defence system that originated in Israel for the military and Special Forces. It was developed originally for the Military in the 1930's but has been modified and refined for Civilian Self Defence so that normal civilians like Mums, Dads, kids, women and the elderly can learn how to protect themselves.
The basic principle of all Krav Maga techniques is when attacked use your closest weapon to strike a vulnerable point of the attackers body as hard and as fast as possible and then escape. It is a very effective system where size of the attacker is irrelevant due to striking vulnerable parts of a human body like eyes, throat, groin and other areas that will stop an attack and give you the opportunity to escape danger.
Krav Maga is a reality based self defence system that teaches people to avoid, de-escalate and defend a violent assault or attack. These include all attacks from punches, kicks, chokes, bearhugs, grabs, kidnap attempts to attacks with multiple attackers, attacks from weapons, firearms and more. All defences are taught from all angles, in all positions and under all types of conditions and stress.
Krav Maga is not a sport or a martial art but a self defence system used for the protection of one self and their loved ones. Unlike martial arts that only deal with 1 person kicking and punching with rules, rings, referees, kata’s and fancy spinning kicks,
Krav Maga is taught for one reason and that is SURVIVAL! All classes at Hong Kong Self Defence are taken by a Qualified Krav Maga Instructor who has prior martial arts experience. Our classes are fun, encouraging, friendly and welcome!
Everyone is welcome to train at HK Self Defence no matter if you are a total beginner or have experience.
Start learning Krav Maga today and learn:
- Prevention, avoidance and de-escalation of violent situations
- How to deal with real world violence, attacks and assault.
- Defences against strikes like punches, kicks, elbows, knees and more.
- Defences against chokes, holds, grabs, bearhugs, kidnap attempts and more.
- How to neutralize an attack by striking vulnerable points of the body.
- How to survive an attack that goes to the ground.
- How to defend against weapon attacks like knife, stick, bat and common objects.
- How to neutralize and defend against firearms like handguns and rifles.
- How to defend against multiple attackers (more than one attacker)